Injured in a Bus Accident? Learn How Our Bus Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia, PA Can Help You
Personal injuries caused by bus accidents are often significant, life-changing, and sometimes fatal. Although they are not one of the most common vehicles on the roads, buses are one of the most dangerous. They are also one of the most unavoidable vehicles in Philadelphia. Like all major cities, Philadelphia relies on an extensive public transportation network known as the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority or SEPTA. This is the sixth-largest public transit system which serves 1.3 million customers each day. One of the largest components of SEPTA is the bus fleet, making SEPTA an excellent choice for commuters and visitors alike. While most people navigate through Philly on SEPTA buses without an issue, our bus accident lawyers in Philadelphia, PA, know that this is not always the case.
Bus accidents with SEPTA or other providers such as tour buses, school buses, sports or college buses, and other local or national providers can lead to serious personal injuries or the wrongful death of an innocent person. This is due to the sheer size and weight of a bus which generates considerable momentum and force in an impact.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a bus accident occurring in Philly, ask our bus accident attorneys at Law Offices of Bernard M. Gross, P.C. for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you. We have over 60 years of experience representing residents and visitors to Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. Learn how we can help you by calling (215) 561-3600.
Types of Bus Accidents We Handle
Buses are one of the most dangerous vehicles on the roadway because they can cause serious personal injuries to many people on or around the roadways. Some of the most common types of bus accidents include the following:
- Bus accidents with other vehicles – drivers and occupants of smaller, passenger vehicles could be seriously injured or wrongfully killed in a collision with a bus, even at a low or modest speed
- Injuries to passengers – reckless bus drivers can toss, fling, or otherwise injure passengers if bus drivers fail to exercise reasonable care in operating the vehicle
- Embarking/disembarking accidents – passengers who are getting on or off of a bus could be seriously injured if the bus driver resumes movement too soon, if the bus steps are poorly maintained, or if passengers disembarking are forced to get off at a dangerous area or landing (i.e., a sidewalk covered in ice)
- Pedestrians hit by a bus – buses frequent areas that are heavily populated and, if a bus jumps a curb or fails to check for pedestrians crossing the street, a bus driver could cause serious injury to a pedestrian
- Bicyclist collision – buses need to share the road with bicyclists and, while most bus drivers do a good job at that, unfortunately, some bus drivers fail to adequately look out for bicyclists or otherwise give them enough space
- Any other type of accident caused in a collision with a bus, on a bus, embarking, or disembarking a bus
Call the Law Offices of Bernard M. Gross, P.C. if You Were Injured in a Philly Bus Accident
Whether you are a resident of Philadelphia, greater Pennsylvania, or just a visitor, you are owed a duty of care by bus drivers and bus companies to avoid causing you harm. When a bus driver or company acts recklessly, carelessly, or negligently and causes you severe or catastrophic personal injuries, you may be entitled to compensation under Pennsylvania law. Learn how our experienced bus accident attorneys in Philadelphia, PA, can help recover that compensation for you during a FREE case evaluation by dialing (215) 561-3600 or by using our “contact us” box available here to send us a private and confidential message.