Have You or a Family Member Been Injured in an Auto Accident?
Even if we do everything right and drive as an alert, defense, and prudent driver, it is the unfortunate truth that innocent people are injured or wrongfully killed in automobile accidents every day. It is more common than most people realize too. According to PennDOT, over 76,000 people are injured and roughly another 1,050 people are killed each year on Pennsylvania roadways. Of all Pennsylvania counties, Philadelphia County was second behind Allegheny County in terms of motor vehicle accident injuries—although Philadelphia County had the highest percentage of fatal accidents. According to the same statistics, most of the common reasons for these accidents are due to the negligence of another motorist. This means that victims and their families need to seek out an experienced car accident lawyer in Philadelphia, PA for help.
With over 60 years of helping residents of Pennsylvania recover compensation after a motor vehicle wreck, the Law Offices Bernard M. Gross, P.C. is the experienced car accident attorney in Philadelphia, PA that you need. Our firm represents passengers, drivers, pedestrians, and other people who have been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident. If you or your loved one sustained injuries from a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, learn how we can help you today. We offer our services at no cost to you on a contingent fee basis. This means that if you do not receive a recovery, you do not pay us.
How Our Attorneys Can Help You in Philadelphia
It can be confusing and even frustrating to have to handle medical bills, juggle lost wages, and figure out how to submit a claim to your insurance carrier. Each step of the way there are pitfalls that could limit your compensation—even the most obvious compensation for your medical bills. Insurance companies know this and purposefully make the process as difficult and trying as possible, even if they are your insurance carrier.
Do not let this process overwhelm you. Let our attorneys work hard to gain the full amount of compensation possible for your injuries while you can focus on healing. Our auto accident lawyers in Philly do the following for our clients:
- Fully investigate the details of our client’s case to determine exactly what happened and who is at fault for the accident
- We utilize expert analysis or accident reconstruction specialists to aid in our case investigation
- Work with experts who can help us in determining how the accident financially impacts your life now and in the future like an economist, life care planner, or vocational expert
- We communicate with involved insurance companies on your behalf to ensure they do not take advantage of you
- We can try your case in court in front of a judge and jury to ensure your legal remedies. Often insurance companies are unwilling to provide injured victims the full compensation they truly need and deserve until they are exposed in a bad light.
- Work with your treating physicians and medical providers to fully evaluate your injuries and present or future needs
These are just some of the ways that our skilled auto accident attorneys work to build a case that can ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation for the injuries you may be entitled to under Pennsylvania law.
Compensation For Your Injuries
Victims who are injured due to the negligence of another driver may be entitled to “damages” under the law. Damages in a bodily harm case like a motor vehicle wreck are typically awarded as monetary compensation. Compensation for car accident victims is typically awarded in the form of money. Some of the following types of monetary compensation that a victim and his or her family may be entitled to include the following:
- Loss of income
- Loss of future income
- Future physical pain and suffering
- Past physical pain and suffering
- Past and present emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, meaning loss of or alteration in relationships with family members (i.e. spouse, parents, children, etc.)
- Past, present, and future emotional pain and suffering
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Assistive device coverage (i.e. vehicle modifications, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Funeral and burial expenses (if applicable)
- Punitive damages (if applicable and only in rare or exceptional cases), and
- Other damages that were proximately caused by the defendant’s negligence.
Ask Our Car Accident Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA for Help Today
Even if you are unsure whether you have a case, it costs you no money to pick up the phone and call the Law Offices Bernard M. Gross, P.C. to learn what your rights are under Pennsylvania law. We represent victims of car accidents on a contingent fee basis meaning that we only get paid a percentage of what we recover for you, and only after we recover it for you. We also pay the upfront litigation costs and disbursements to commence an action for you, which are also only reimbursed if we recover compensation for you.
This means there is no upfront cost or financial risk to get started with our experienced car accident lawyers in Philadelphia, PA. Learn more by scheduling your consultation by dialing (215) 561-3600 or send us a private and confidential message through our “contact us” box available here.